The international conference is organized by theNational Human Rights Commission (NHRC)), New Delhi in association with Indian Law Institute (ILI)Delhi and Lloyd’s College of LawGreater Noida, and with the academic support of Empowerment through Law of the Common People (ELCOP), Bangladesh organizesWORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY OBSERVATION 2022 and INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABILITY AND LIVELIHOODS: HUMAN RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES” from 5and june to 6and June 2022 in collaboration with the CLEA-MILATHUMAN RIGHTS & SOCIAL JUSTICE SUMMER SCHOOL – 2022.
About the International Conference:
The international conference will be a two-day event where scholars, experts, lawyers, researchers and students from India and abroad will present their papers on the major themes of the conference. A panel of experts would select papers to be presented in various thematic sessions so that, alongside discussion and in-depth analysis, authors can present papers and participate in the respective thematic session. Papers will be pre-selected based on quality, innovative ideas and originality of presentation.
Hon’ble. Mr Justice Arun MishraChairman of the National Human Rights Commission, India/ Former Justice of the Supreme Court of India, has kindly accepted to be the main sponsor of the summer school programme.
The conference will be held alongside the CLEA-MILAT Human Rights and Social Justice Summer School 2022, which will be attended by 50 students from India and abroad. The conference will also feature a dedicated technical session allowing students to present their papers.
Main themes of the International Conference
- Conserving nature and connecting people: pro-environmental behavior and links to health and well-being;
- Restore iconic rivers as the cradle of human civilisations: water, food and livelihood security;
- Sustainable and circular living: clean water, waste management, energy and nutrients, their recovery and smart management and disaster management;
- Sustainability and biodiversity: Conservation of species, forests, wetlands, etc.
- Best Practices and Strategies: To build momentum and raise awareness of nature as a key aspect;
- Connection to nature: Role of educational institutions in inculcating an eco-friendly culture;
- Working for nature: Role of institutions in nature conservation and raising awareness;
- Tradition, culture and practices: identifying the way to communities and
- Human rights and environmental issues beyond the law.
- Any topic that does not fall under the above themes but is related to the purpose of the conference may be accepted at the discretion of the panel of experts.
Aims and objectives of the International Conference
- Identify and discuss various aspects and methods to provide an opportunity to build momentum and raise awareness of nature as a key aspect and harness the power of education to create positive change for the to come up
- Building leadership for nature awareness; connect and conserve nature; educate for sustainable communities and career-focused learning; and linking research and practice to increase impact
- Provide a platform to discuss challenges related to the balance between the protection of human rights and the protection of the environment.
“World Celebration of Environment Day 2022 and International Conference on Sustainability and Livelihood: Human Rights and Environmental Issuesis organized by a group of experienced personalities which would include honorable Supreme Court and High Court Justices, Lawyers, Academicians, Professionals, Social Activists, Bureaucrats, Journalists and Researchers from India and abroad. was conceptualized by Prof. (Dr.) S. Sivakumar, ILI / Vice President, CLEA/ President CLEA Asia & President, MILAT, who is the chair of the conference.
The organizers invite papers for presentation of academics, experts, lawyers, researchers and students from India and abroad.
Conference registration fees
- Students/Ph.D. Researchers – INR 1000/-
- Professionals/Academics- INR 2000/-
* Co-author must register separately
How to register
Interested candidates can apply by submitting an abstract of no more than 300 words. It should be typed in Times New Roman font, 12 point, 1.5 line spacing and “justified” alignment. No footnotes should be provided in the abstract; Keywords (5-6). Please refer to the detailed brochure for full instructions.
For the application form, click here
20and April 2022
Notice of selection
30and April 2022
Submission of full research paper
15and May 2022
5and and 6and June 2022
*Full details of the International Conference are provided in the brochure, click here
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact:
Dr Akhilesh Kumar Khan
Celebration of World Environment Day 2022 and International Conference on Sustainability and Livelihood: Human Rights and Environmental Issues
Plot No. 11, Knowledge Park-II, Greater Noida-201306
E-mail: [email protected]